Capture a record of all email messages in Email Archive
The optional Email Archive component captures a complete record of email communications, including attachments, that are sent and received company-wide.
Every email, including attachments, is captured in Document Locator using the optional Email Archive component, creating a permanent record that improves regulatory compliance, e-discovery, continuity planning, collaboration, and more.
Email Archive utilizes Microsoft Exchange Server's journaling capabilities to capture and manage email messages within the document management system. Combining email records together with documents and other files in a single system allows administrators to manage all records in unified manner according to the same policies and standards.
Email Archive is an optional component that adds additional functionality beyond the standard built-in Microsoft Outlook integration in Document Locator.
Features of Email Archive
Captures a thread of related emails so entire message conversations are easy to read.
Allows administrators to define rules that can automatically route email messages and attachments without having to perform manual actions.
Captures one copy of each unique message to minimize storage requirements.
Email Archive is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Exchange, including Exchange 2007's "enveloping" message format.
How Email Archive works
- Email Capture: Automates email capture, email storage, and email archiving.
- Email Policy: Enforces enterprise-wide best practices for email management as defined by administrators.
- Email Attachments: Preserves attachments and messages together as one.
- Email eDiscovery: Provides full-text indexing and instant retrieval of emails and attachments.
- Email Compliance: Supports email compliance with regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II, SEC, HIPAA, and FRCP eDiscovery.
- Email Security: Repository-based full security and auditing of email records
- Email Automation: Ability to automate actions based on email content.
- Email Control: Maintains onsite control over information (not hosted).