This policy establishes ColumbiaSoft’s commitment and dedication to the protection of privacy.
July 1, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect and retain information that you provide through the site or services we provide, as well as information that is automatically or passively collected from you, your device, or your browser.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us for business purposes. For example, when you contact us, request marketing information, contact customer support, manage your user profile, respond to a job opening, enter login information, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Contact and profile information, including your name, email address, company information, postal address, and telephone number
- Account and log-in information, including your username, password, and login details
- Credit card information and transaction details
- Information communicated to us, for example, questions, comments, or reports of a problem
- Resume and application information for a job opening
- Any other content or information you choose to provide to us
If you post information on the site, including on a bulletin board or forum, it becomes generally available to the public. We do not control or limit the use by visitors. By posting information, you understand that ColumbiaSoft may use the information in connection with its business. Therefore, you should not post any information you consider private or sensitive.
Information We May Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information for business and commercial purposes about your device and how your device interacts with our site and services. We may use service providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we collect include:
- Information about your visits, the resources you access, any data you download, and information related to the ways in which you interact with the site or services
- IP addresses, including the general information such as address, city, state and zip code, unique device identifiers, browser types, and browser language
- Referral pages and links, URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, how long you’re on a page, your search queries and results
- Information about your device, computer and/or browser you use, as well as the device’s operating system, such as device hardware model, operating system version, or mobile network information
- Data about your device’s location, for example latitude/longitude data or location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level
Information We Collect from Customers
Information We May Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other third-party sources that we combine with information collected through the Site for business and commercial purposes. This may include:
- Demographic data to supplement the data we collect
- Social network information when you reference our service or grant permission for us to access your data on one or more of these services
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain
How We Use and Share Information We Collect
We collect and use information you provide in connection with our site and services for our business purposes, including
- Managing our Site and Services, including registrations and accounts
- Performing services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide support
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Keeping you informed regarding our software and services
- Developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and third-party products, updates, special offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services
- Contacting you for market research and to survey your satisfaction with our software and services
- Inviting you to events that may be of interest, including trainings, webinars, and conferences
- Analyzing information for trends and statistics, which may include providing this information to an agent acting on our behalf to assist in data analytics
You may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. You may receive telephone calls from us with information regarding orders and/or requests you have placed online – such as a software demonstration request or general business inquiry.
You may receive email messages from us for marketing purposes such as providing information on new products and services or upcoming events. We may track when you open our e-mail messages or click on the links contained within them.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the “Contact Us” information below.
Note that by opting in to allow ColumbiaSoft and event sponsors/industry partners to receive your contact information through an event in accordance with this privacy notice, you will be subject to each event sponsor/industry partner’s communications and privacy notice as well and must opt-out with them directly.
We also use information about you for commercial purposes, including to:
- Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and Third-Party Services
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
Sharing of Information
ColumbiaSoft generally does not sell or rent your information. We may disclose information about you for our business purposes.
Sharing with Service Providers
We will occasionally hire other companies or contract with third-party consultants to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver services, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Sharing with Others
We also share information about you as follows:
- Affiliates for Business Purposes. We may share your information with our partner entities.
- Business Partners for Business and/or Commercial Purposes. We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. We may also share your information with approved third parties for marketing purposes; this may include our authorized resellers and solution providers. We may also share your information with third parties who provide services to assist us with our business activities.
- Promotions. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a promotion, we may share your information with third parties for those commercial purposes as set forth in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list).
- User Group, Training, and Events. Our events may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily sign-up for an event, we may share your contact details or information that you provide with the sponsor, facility, or any other organization who we schedule you to meet with at that event for commercial purposes in order to fulfill your event registration and/or inform you of future events organized by the sponsor, which we believe you may be interested in.
Some information about your use of the Site and Services and certain Third Party Services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for business and/or commercial purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Site, Services, and certain Third Party Services.
We may share your information with third parties for the business purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network) and for commercial purposes in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
We may share your information for any other lawful purpose and/or with your consent. We will share your information to respond to duly authorized requests from governmental authorities as required by law, or in circumstances in which we believe disclosure is necessary or reasonably appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
ColumbiaSoft does not generally sell personal information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) is interpreted to include advertising technology activities, ColumbiaSoft will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
Do Not Track Signals
Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) is a preference that can be set in your browser to notify websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. ColumbiaSoft does not respond to DNT signals. As explained in this notice, we and third parties may track your visits to our Site to provide targeted advertising.
Cookies and Tracking
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an online service. Cookies are widely used by organizations in order to make their websites or services work, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website or service provider are called ‘first party cookies’. Cookies set by parties other than the website or service provider are called ‘third party cookies’. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize an individual’s computer both when they visit the website or use the service in question and also when they visit certain other websites.
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when you exit your browser) are called ‘session cookies’. Session cookies allow us to recognize and link your actions during a browsing session. Cookies that can be stored for longer are called ‘persistent cookies’ and can be used to allow your preferences or actions across the Website (or across different websites) to be remembered.
We serve ads on and through Third Party Services, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google that are targeted to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Site or are identified in one or more of our databases. This is done by our uploading data to a Third-Party Service or incorporating a pixel from the Third-Party Service on our Site, and the Third-Party Service matching common factors between our data and their data. To opt-out of receiving advertising, please contact the applicable Third-Party Service. We are not responsible for such Third-Party Service’s failure to comply with your opt-out instructions.
Occasionally, portions of the Site may allow you to post information that other visitors to the Site will be able to access (i.e., a “bulletin board”). If you choose to post information on a bulletin board, it becomes available to the public, and ColumbiaSoft has no ability to control or limit the use of information that is available to the public. ColumbiaSoft and its affiliates will utilize any information you post through the Site in connection with the operation of its business. We encourage you not to post any information you consider private or sensitive on the Site. To request removal of your information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or e-mailing us at the e-mail address in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or ongoing business relations. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using “Contact Us” information below.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
You may request a list of categorized third parties and in some cases affiliates to whom we may have disclosed your personal information specifically for those third parties’ and/or affiliates’ own marketing purposes, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If would like to request this information, submit a written request to the email or address provided below. Requests must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Individuals who are not representatives of businesses, whether those businesses are our customers or not, have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, they have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about them
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- The categories of personal information about them that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information
- In addition, in certain circumstances individuals have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from them
To exercise any of these rights, submit a written request to the email or address provided below. Requests must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your request to know or delete.
Your information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
We have implemented industry standard controls, intrusion detection network monitoring, and reasonable security measures designed to protect the personal information that you submit through the site. These measures include access controls, access authorization controls, and firewalls. We also periodically review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or other destruction of information we collect. When accessing secure sections of the site, we use encryption to secure the communication of information passing between your browser and our servers. Additionally, only authorized administrators, ColumbiaSoft employees, and third-party contractors have access to systems containing such information. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Privacy of Children
The Site and Services are intended for a general audience and not directed to children under sixteen (16) years of age. We do not market products or services to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children at any time, including as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) or personal information as defined under the CCPA from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of consent. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide personal information of any kind whatsoever and please do not use our Site and Services or participate in our surveys, contests, events, and other promotions. If you are a parent or guardian and believe ColumbiaSoft has collected such information without parental consent, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA or other applicable law.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
Privacy Notice Changes
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “effective” date displayed at the top of this Notice. We recommend that you review this Privacy Notice regularly for any revisions. Your continued use of the Site or Services after such revisions will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Notice.
If you have any comments or questions regarding our Privacy Notice, or want to exercise your data protection rights, please send a message to:
15495 S.W. Sequoia Parkway, Suite 190
Portland, OR 97224USA