Document check in and check out
Document check in and check out software eases collaboration and shows if a document is being worked on by others.
Document check in / check out in Document Locator allows users to collaborate and make changes in an organized manner while preventing the loss of shared work.
With a system for document check in/out, every change is automatically captured. People work with confidence knowing that changes will not be overwritten, lost, or deleted. Document check in / check out software allows multiple people to work on and edit the same document, at different times, without the need to email changes or save multiple files in different locations.
Document check in and check out drives version control
As documents are checked in, revision control automatically captures the latest changes and increments a new file version. All previous versions are also retained in the system. Users can view the status of documents, and know if a document is currently being worked on or is available for editing.
Document check in and check out is performed right from inside Microsoft Windows, or alternatively from the Web browser companion interface. On check out, files immediately open in their native application.
Why document check in and check out is important
- Document check in and check out software prevents loss of information by establishing revision control, and versioning all changes that are made.
- Document check in/out creates a document history, from which previous versions are accessible, and includes a viewable log of who made changes.
- Users can see if a document is currently checked-out and being worked on by others.
- Collaboration among a team is improved by avoiding over-writes and the possibility of multiple documents being created.
- Documents in a checked out status may be viewed, but not changed by others.