Construction and engineering document management
Engineering document management designed with specialized capabilities for construction and engineering firms.
For engineering, construction, and architecture, Document Locator is enterprise-class engineering document management designed with specialized capabilities for the industry. It improves collaboration with more efficient review and approval processes, reduces risk with greater accountability and control, and increases productivity across the construction and engineering organization.
Engineering document management, engineered for people
With engineering document management, you can share information, record changes, and track approvals among people across roles and departments. Specialized project document management capabilities allow you to manage CAD files, designs, technical documents, drawings, project files, and communications all within a unified system.
In Document Locator, you will automatically capture and log information in RFI processes, submittals, RFQ’s, and change orders. Customizable workflows route information to the right people for follow-up and approval. Vendor submittals are streamlined, reducing the time it takes to exchange documents from days to just minutes.
Seamless Microsoft integration makes it easy for everyone from engineers, to project managers, to vendors, and customers to immediately understand how to use the system. Core functions are available right from within Microsoft Windows and Office applications, including Outlook and Project. Integrations with Bluebeam and AutoCAD give everyone access to collaborate and share designs, drawings, and documents.
Collaboration tools for engineering document management
- Version Control: Manage versions automatically
- Review and Approval: Control review cycles on schedule
- Workflow Management: Automate processes and notifications
- Email Management: Capture communications records
- Archive and Audit: Maintain a record of changes and approvals
- Remote Access: Improve collaboration outside the office
- Scanning: Add paper documents to electronic workflow
- Search and Retrieval: Find any document instantly
- Electronic forms: Automates and makes paperless form-driven processes
Project files get organized
Engineering document management improves the organization of project files and sets the framework for a more productive and informed project team. With project files in the system, auto folder organization creates folders and sub-folder structures, with security, templates, and workflows included, saving hours in configuration with the start of each new project. Submittal's and transmittals help ease the exchange of RFI's, quotes, change orders, and more. Contracts are accurately managed and readily available by those who need access. Certifications are managed in accordance with records policies. Integrated project folders capture a "snapshot' in time for major milestones or important deadlines. Email is included for a comprehensive project record. And, at close-out, everything can be saved via a built-in collection tool and made available for document delivery.
Integration with leading engineering software
Document Locator integrates with leading applications used across the construction and engineering firm. AutoCAD integration supports Autodesk CAD files, including xref and master drawings. Plus, project document management repositories can be connected directly to other systems using universal connections built on Document Locator's SDK API, ODBC dynamic properties, and PowerSearch technology.
- AutoCAD Integration: AutoCAD file management, xrefs and master drawings
- Microsoft Integration: Seamless Windows and Office operations
- Bluebeam Studio Prime Connector
- Project document management
- Burns & McDonnell Engineering saves time on vendor submittal file exchanges
- Bluebeam Studio Prime Connector
- AutoCAD file management