Technology Consultant, HR Specialty
Company: ColumbiaSoft Corporation (https://www.documentlocator.com)
Department: Professional Services
Office Location: Portland, Oregon
Status: 1099 Hourly Contractor
ColumbiaSoft is a leading developer of electronic document management and eForm applications providing industry-leading solutions for Human Resources. ColumbiaSoft develops Microsoft-centric solutions for managing personnel records, routing electronic forms for digital processing, converting paper files to digital records, complying with records policies, and optionally providing cloud-hosted IT services.
ColumbiaSoft is seeking an engaging, experienced technology consultant with a background in Human Resources technology and operations to join our Professional Services team to drive successful customer implementations. The position involves active collaboration with customers and prospects, implementation of our solution, along with internal design meetings across functional areas including Professional Services, Sales/Marketing, Support, and Engineering.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Requirements gathering and brainstorming with ColumbiaSoft’s clients, prospects, management, department heads, consultants, and industry experts. Best Practice concepts from these sessions will be ranked by significance, feasibility, and benefit to incorporate into active client engagements and into core product for general deployment.
- Designing customer solutions for implementing workflows, smart file storage, and regulatory compliance. The resulting designs will be implemented using ColumbiaSoft’s Document Locator HR document management system and eForms technologies to provide an efficient, automated, and intelligent HR deployment for customers.
- Engaging with HR representatives from existing prospective clients to educate them on the competitive benefits of using ColumbiaSoft’s HR solutions. This includes teleconference calls and web demonstrations with interested participants to help determine their needs and provide recommendations.
- Performing client implementations with system configurations, process training, workflow development, and documentation for client deployments.
A qualified candidate will require:
- 5+ years of experience working directly with Human Resources departments in a leading information technology role with significant experience interacting with and deploying HRIS/HCM systems as well as other critical systems used by HR to support the company from a data management and compliance role.
- Business experience in a critical area of Human Resources such as recruiting, onboarding, policies and procedures, annual reviews, medical benefits, termination, compliance, training, leave of absence, and more.
- HR Certification(s) including SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or equivalent.
- Experience with HR records management concepts including record policy regulations, document scanning, personnel record storage, security access requirements, HR workflow processes, and database experience.
- The ability to multi-task on date-sensitive projects, effectively analyze and solve problems, communicate in a professional manner, work in a cross-functional capacity, and collaborate effectively.
- Advanced understanding of database technologies including SQL Server. Alternatively, significant experience with database-like tools including Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, report generation tools, etc.
- Must present oneself in a confident, professional, and conversant fashion representing ColumbiaSoft’s HR solutions. The position will interact with clients of various levels within an organization including executives, HR team members, IT personnel, Legal, and others throughout an organization.
- Requires up to 25% travel with one week or less notice for some travel engagements.
- Bachelor degree or certification equivalent preferred.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity | Employee Polygraph Protection Act | Employee Rights, NLRA