Our team is our greatest asset
ColumbiaSoft is a team of dedicated, innovative people always striving to deliver the best document management solutions. People are the heart of our business. We look for professionals with originality, creativity, and ingenuity; people who will have a positive impact on our company and our customers.
We offer excellent salary packages coupled with an outstanding benefits program. Flexible work hours, a casual atmosphere, and a work environment that is friendly and supportive of innovative ideas are trademarks of how we operate.
ColumbiaSoft’s growth has created the need for an additional experienced Support Engineer to join the Support department. We are seeking candidates with a four-year degree and 3 years of proven experience performing Microsoft Windows network administration and IT support activities. We especially value highly motivated people who are self-starters and wish to have their contributions noticed in a small organization.
- Work with customers via telephone and E-mail to resolve application issues in a consultative and professional manner.
- Provide customers with advanced support on application configuration, database configuration, Active Directory, network trouble shooting, IIS, etc.
- Help maintain ColumbiaSoft’s Windows Azure customer hosted infrastructure.
- Help maintain ColumbiaSoft's internal network infrastructure.
- Work directly with Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to reproduce and resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Experience communicating with customers in a professional, constructive manner.
- 3+ year(s) experience with internal or external support.
- An intermediate level understanding of Windows operating system and networking.
- Is proactive in determining software issues and seeks out results from customers, testers and coworkers regarding any issues related to ColumbiaSoft software products.
- Enjoys problem solving and trouble shooting software related issues. Potential issues include: network or database connectivity, virus scanner settings, registry or system corruption and software related defects.
- Beginning level knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, startup mode software company where individual efforts are noticed throughout the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Technology to Experience:
- ColumbiaSoft's Support Engineers are exposed to a wide variety of networking and IT administration technologies including:
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Server Security and Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- SQL Query language
- Database Maintenance, analysis and performance tuning
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Networking protocols
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (in no particular order of importance)
- Customer Support
A Support Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day activities of answering prospect and customer support requests via phone or email and ensuring resolution. You are required to support more than the Document Locator applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server. You are expected to be courteous, truthful and understanding to the needs of prospects, customers and internal staff.
- Demo Environment
A Support Engineer is responsible for design and maintenance of the demo environment.
A Support Engineer is expected to work with respect and trust for others and always to communicate in a non-personal, constructive manner when discussing differences in a team-oriented environment. You may be called upon to assist sales with pre-technical questions.
- End-User Training
A Support Engineer may be asked to provide informal or formal training to sales staff or customers about new features or enhancements.
A Support Engineer must continually expand his/her skill sets, learning new and existing operating systems, administration tools, applications and other technologies related to supporting ColumbiaSoft applications.